This exhibition was part of the Tendencies 4, organized by the New Tendencies movement. It was shown at the Galerija suvremene umjetnosti (Gallery of Contemporary Art, today the Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb) in Zagreb from May 5th until August 30th, 1969.
The art exhibition was accompanied by an International symposium by the same name Computers and Visual Research. The symposium took place on May 5th and 6th, 1969; the speakers were:
Kurd Alsleben, Art Research Center (Nancy Stephens and Thomas Michael Stephens), Bozo Bek, Renzo Beltrame, Jonathan Benthall, Vladimir Bonačić, Silvio Ceccato, Waldemar Cordeiro, Umberto Eco, Herbert W. Franke, Grgo Gamulin, Karl Gerstner, Alfred Graßl, (arsintermedia), Josef Hlavacek, Vera Horvat-Pintaric, Boris Kelemen, Zelimir Koscevic, Martin Krampen, Leonardo Mosso, Vjenceslav Richter, Zdenko Šternberg, Josef Herman Stiegler, and Bozo Tezak.
Frieder Nake and Marc Adrian did not assist, but both sent papers that were read during the event. Most of the texts presented in the symposium were published in a special issue of bit international, and some of them were reprinted in [Rosen, 2011].
Other events of the Tendencies 4 were:
- Tendencies 4 (1968), Computers and Visual Research, exhibition
- Tendencies 4 (1969), Computers and Visual Research Colloquy (1968)
- Tendencies 4 (1968), Computers and Visual Research, Competition
- Tendencies 4 (1969), Retrospective of NT 1 – NT3 and Recent Examples of Visual Research, exhibition
- Tendencies 4 (1961 – 1973), Computers and Visual Research, bit international